About Center for Effective School Operations (CESO)
We believe it’s time to reimagine everything. To be the change we want to see in education. For schools to partner with the bold who are fueled by purpose and driven by results. Curiosity, inclusivity and sincerity guide us as we solve education challenges and empower schools. It’s time to rethink possible with CESO, we believe our students deserve nothing less.
Center for Effective School Operations is a team of curious thinkers and experienced problem solvers ready to solve the next challenge in K-12 education. We partner with schools to help them do more, and be more efficient, by solving the challenges they face whether it’s in transportation, communications, technology, facilities or finance. Our team shares a passion for learners and learning, as we empower schools to create rich learning environments where students can thrive.
Let’s Rethink Possible. Together.
We are looking for a responsible Transportation Coordinator to join our team of curious thinkers. Someone who is ready to jump into our mission and empower the schools we partner with. You will join a service-focused team in a high energy environment, responsible for scheduling and routing of all transportation vehicles. Performing a wide variety of specialized and analytical duties related with the safe and efficient operation of a comprehensive school bus operation. Transportation Coordinator plans, directs, coordinates and oversees all functions pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the transportation department. This includes personnel, equipment, and facilities. The prime concern is safe, efficient, economical transportation of students between home and school on a regular schedule, and between other destinations within or outside the division boundaries on a special scheduling basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees and manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations including overseeing all
district staff (school bus drivers, bus aides, traffic control aide, fleet maintenance team) along with dispatch operations
- Establish performance standards and supervise operational care
- Serves as the liaison between the transportation department and the other district
- Insure compliance with the codes and pertinent policies regarding training, licensing,
registration, and operational permits;
- Oversees and manages safety & compliance requirements (drug and alcohol program,
driver qualification files, hiring process, annual fleet inspection, and et cetera) to ensure district remains compliant with state and federal requirements
- Recruit, recommend for employment, and evaluations of transportation department personnel
- Recruits and hires transportation department district’s staff (school bus drivers, bus aides, traffic control aide, and fleet maintenance team)
- Investigates accidents and incidents as it relates to the district transportation department
- Respond in person to accidents and communicate timely to district leadership
- Collect data and develop all required school bus transportation oriented reports and insures their submission on a timely basis;
- Ensures routing is completed timely and routes are set up safe and efficient
- Audit routes on a consistent basis to ensure lowest cost to district
- Evaluates district transportation department employees using district’s evaluation process (this is above and beyond annual driver evaluations that are required)
- Process time off requests, payroll, and updates schedules on a timely basis
- Follow all CESO handbook and remote working guidelines.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working at or with a school or within a school district
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative style and ability to maintain professionalism under stressful situations
- Proficiently use a computer
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite/Internet navigation and search skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to problem-solve
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working at or with a school or within a school district
- Knowledge of school district area, location of all schools within the school district, and those
schools located outside of the district for which transportation is provided
- Knowledge of all rules, regulations, and policies relative to transportation
- A degree in business management
- Bi-lingual in Hmong or Spanish
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range for this position is between $45,000-$65,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Full-time, exempt position (as a salaried, exempt employee there will be times that you will be asked to work extended hours during start-up, major projects and to fill coverage needs)
- Health, dental, and long term disability insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation Time and Sick & Safe Time
- Retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Additional benefits details will be provided to those selected as finalists.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the form below.
- Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis (applicants will be prioritized by those who apply by May 13, 2021)