About Center for Effective School Operations (CESO)
We believe it’s time to reimagine everything. To be the change we want to see in education. For schools to partner with the bold who are fueled by purpose and driven by results. Curiosity, inclusivity and sincerity guide us as we solve education challenges and empower schools. It’s time to rethink possible with CESO, we believe our students deserve nothing less.
Center for Effective School Operations is a team of curious thinkers and experienced problem solvers ready to solve the next challenge in K-12 education. We partner with schools to help them do more, and be more efficient, by solving the challenges they face whether it’s in transportation, communications, technology, facilities or finance. Our team shares a passion for learners and learning, as we empower schools to create rich learning environments where students can thrive.
Let’s Rethink Possible. Together.
We are looking for a responsible Routing Specialist to join our team of curious thinkers. You will join a service-focused team in a high energy environment, responsible for planning and routing student transportation for your assigned school/district(s). In this role, you will schedule and assign all routes and trips. Routing Specialists interact with the public, school district staff, and school bus/van contractors to support the efficient operations of the Transportation Division. This position requires independent judgment and excellent communication and organizational skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the routing email inbox
- Routing all requests promptly
- Uphold district(s) policies, initiatives, and missions
- Manage work, create projects, and track progress utilizing Asana team-based task management system
- Facilitate student transportation through safe and efficient routing
- Provide exceptional telephone and email correspondence to students, parents, teachers, administrators, out-of-district contacts, and the public
- Resolve customer issues or refer to appropriate department or supervisor
- Notify the district’s Transportation Coordinator & Director of all high-level incidents as they are happening (Accidents, Late buses, Missing students, Upset school staff or district officials, etc.)
- Promptly and effectively communicate necessary information with students, parents, programs, schools, assistants, student services, and other district personnel
- Knowledgeable of the GPS infrastructure of each district assigned
- Knowledgeable of Special Education accommodations (Seat Belt lock, Safety Vest, Star Seat, WC, Car Seat)
- Manage your district & CESO email daily
- Emails that come to the district inbox before 3:00 PM must be viewed and responded to the same day
- Communicate with director supervisor if unable to meet deadlines
- Perform additional related duties as may be required or assigned
- Follow all CESO handbook and remote working guidelines.
- Minimum of 1 year of transportation routing experience
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite/Internet navigation and search skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Patient and empathetic customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative style and ability to maintain professionalism under stressful situations
- Ability to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Versatrans student transportation routing system
- Knowledge of Asana team-based task management system
- Knowledge of Wildix communication system
- Bi-lingual in Hmong or Spanish
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range for this position is between $38,000-$50,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Full-time, exempt position (as a salaried, exempt employee there will be times that you will be asked to work extended hours during start-up, major projects and to fill coverage needs)
- Health, dental, and long term disability insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation Time and Sick & Safe Time
- Retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Additional benefits details will be provided to those selected as finalists.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume to email@example.com with the form below.
- Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis