About Center for Effective School Operations (CESO)
We believe it’s time to reimagine everything. To be the change we want to see in education. For schools to partner with the bold who are fueled by purpose and driven by results. Curiosity, inclusivity and sincerity guide us as we solve education challenges and empower schools. It’s time to rethink possible with CESO, we believe our students deserve nothing less.
Center for Effective School Operations is a team of curious thinkers and experienced problem solvers ready to solve the next challenge in K-12 education. We partner with schools to help them do more, and be more efficient, by solving the challenges they face whether it’s in transportation, communications, technology, facilities or finance. Our team shares a passion for learners and learning, as we empower schools to create rich learning environments where students can thrive.
Let’s Rethink Possible. Together.
We are looking for a responsible Finance Specialist to join our team of curious thinkers. Someone who is ready to jump into our mission and empower the schools we partner with. You will be working with our Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams on vendor invoice review, district invoice collection and processing, and additional tasks throughout our monthly billing cycle. You will also be assisting our Customer Service team to ensure a high level of customer and vendor satisfaction. Attention to detail, persistence, and an ability to adapt are what make a Finance Specialist successful on our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Vendor invoice review
- Preparation of expense reports, budget reports, and various district reports
- Year-end tax preparation
- Assist Accounts Receivable with invoice collection and processing
- Assist Accounts Payable with vendor payments and account management
- Route customer communication for efficient processing
- Assist Customer Service to ensure a high level of customer and vendor retention
- Customer Service responsibilities include (3 hrs/day):
- Managing all inbound and outbound calls promptly while providing excellent customer service including effective listening, quickly identifying issues, actively searching for solutions and making quality decisions
- Promptly and effectively communicate necessary information with students, parents, programs, district/school staff and vendors
- Be signed into our communication system (Wildix) during a 3 hour timeframe unless you are on your lunch/ break or special assignment from your supervisor. Answering phone calls are a top priority
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a Finance Specialist, Financial Analyst or relevant role
- Understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Economics or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Quickbooks Online or similar accounting software
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Customer service experience: communicating with customers via phone, email, or in person
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting salary range for this position is between $38,000 - $45,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday from 6am - 3pm or 9am - 6pm
- Health, dental, and long term disability insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation Time and Sick & Safe Time
- Retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Additional benefits details will be provided to those selected as finalists.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the form below.
- Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis (priority review will be given to resumes received by April 29)
- Ideal candidate will be available to start within 2-4 weeks of an offer being extended