About Center for Effective School Operations (CESO)
We believe it’s time to reimagine everything. To be the change we want to see in education. For schools to partner with the bold who are fueled by purpose and driven by results. Curiosity, inclusivity and sincerity guide us as we solve education challenges and empower schools. It’s time to rethink possible with CESO, we believe our students deserve nothing less.
Center for Effective School Operations is a team of curious thinkers and experienced problem solvers ready to solve the next challenge in K-12 education. We partner with schools to help them do more, and be more efficient, by solving the challenges they face whether it’s in transportation, communications, technology, facilities or finance. Our team shares a passion for learners and learning, as we empower schools to create rich learning environments where students can thrive.
Let’s Rethink Possible. Together.
We are looking for a responsible Dispatch Specialist to join our team of curious thinkers. You will join a service-focused team in a high energy environment, responsible for scheduling and routing of all transportation vehicles; maintain a variety of department records; perform a wide variety of specialized and analytical duties related with the safe and efficient operation of a comprehensive school bus operation. Dispatcher performs a variety of duties, including typing, filing, answering phones, receiving and communicating information. The primary goal of the dispatcher is to receive information from a variety of sources, and to provide that information to drivers in a timely and efficient manner. Transportation Dispatcher will run radio & phone communication from the bus garage for morning and afternoon routes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans, schedules and assigns driver personnel for transportation vehicle operations. Coordinates transportation vehicle routes and stops for student riders.
- Arrange for substitutes
- Dispatches transportation vehicles for trips and other special events.
- Notify the district’s Transportation Coordinator & Director of all high-level incidents as they are happening (Accidents, Late buses, Missing students, Upset school staff or district officials, etc.)
- Promptly and effectively communicate necessary information with students, parents, programs, schools, assistants, student services, and other district personnel
- Knowledgeable of Special Education accommodations (Seat Belt lock, Safety Vest, Star Seat, WC, Car Seat)
- Follow all CESO handbook and remote working guidelines
- Minimum of 2 years experience working at or with a school or within a school district
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative style and ability to maintain professionalism under stressful situations
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiently use a computer
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite/Internet navigation and search skills
- Accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Answer multi-line phone system
- 5+ years of experience working at or with a school or within a school district
- Knowledge of school district area, location of all schools within the school district, and those schools located outside of the district for which transportation is provided
- Considerable knowledge of all routes and bus stops
- Knowledge of locations to which field trips are provided
- Knowledge of all rules, regulations, and policies relative to transportation
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range for this position is between $38,000 - $45,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Full-time, exempt position (as a salaried, exempt employee there will be times that you will be asked to work extended hours during start-up, major projects and to fill coverage needs)
- Health, dental, and long term disability insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation Time and Sick & Safe Time
- Retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume to email@example.com with the form below.
- Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis (applicants will be prioritized by those who apply by May 13, 2021)